Teleportation Device RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Teleportation Device RPG

The new home of the new home of the new home of the RPG once on Scratch.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Space Academy

+3
laser314
Maxxy
Calebxy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Space Academy Empty Space Academy Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 am

Calebxy

My sci-fi epic is nearing completion. Very Happy I'm still on the penultimate chapter, entitled "Annihilation." I'm only three pages in so far, but here's a little bit of it for you to read:

"In the assembly hall, there was a huge skylight in the ceiling, directly above the stage in the centre. It had been repaired quickly after the attack on the school a while ago. But now, as Mr Bradley discovered, it had again been smashed by something. As he walked down the steps between the seats, he saw an object lying in the middle of the stage, surrounded by shards of glass. Once he got to the balcony of the auditorium, Michael leaned over to take a closer look."

Last edited by Calebxy on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total

2Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Maxxy

When I saw this in the new posts thing, I knew it would be space academy.

3Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Calebxy

Maxxy wrote:When I saw this in the new posts thing, I knew it would be space academy.
Because it says that the title is Space Academy? Razz

Anyway, any comments on anything to do with the actual story?

4Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

laser314

laser314

Calebxy wrote:My sci-fi epic is nearing completion. Very Happy I'm still on the penultimate chapter, entitled "Annihilation." I'm only three pages in so far, but here's a little bit of it for you to read:

"In the assembly hall, there was huge skylight in the ceiling, directly above the stage in the centre. It had been repaired quickly after the attack on the school a while ago. But now, as Mr Bradley discovered, it had again been smashed by something. As he walked down the steps between the seats, he saw an object lying in the middle of the stage, surrounded by shards of glass. Once he got to the balcony of the auditorium, Michael leaned over to take a closer look."

5Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:38 am

Calebxy

laser314 wrote:
Calebxy wrote:My sci-fi epic is nearing completion. Very Happy I'm still on the penultimate chapter, entitled "Annihilation." I'm only three pages in so far, but here's a little bit of it for you to read:

"In the assembly hall, there was huge skylight in the ceiling, directly above the stage in the centre. It had been repaired quickly after the attack on the school a while ago. But now, as Mr Bradley discovered, it had again been smashed by something. As he walked down the steps between the seats, he saw an object lying in the middle of the stage, surrounded by shards of glass. Once he got to the balcony of the auditorium, Michael leaned over to take a closer look."
Well spotted! Razz Thank you.

6Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Maxxy

Calebxy wrote:
Maxxy wrote:When I saw this in the new posts thing, I knew it would be space academy.
Because it says that the title is Space Academy? Razz

Anyway, any comments on anything to do with the actual story?
No, because you already know what I think of it.

7Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:58 pm

TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler
Admin

Can't wait til I can buy it Very Happy

https://teleportationdevice.forumotion.com

8Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:29 pm

LFoDCH

LFoDCH

Calebxy wrote:In the assembly hall, there was a huge skylight in the ceiling, directly above the stage in the centre. It had been repaired quickly after the attack on the school a while ago. But now, as Mr Bradley discovered, it had again been smashed by something. As he walked down the steps between the seats, he saw an object lying in the middle of the stage, surrounded by shards of glass. Once he got to the balcony of the auditorium, Michael leaned over to take a closer look.
If I can add my honest opinion, at first the whole passage felt awkward. It took a little bit to figure out exactly what was wrong, but I think it's the pacing between description and action. To fix this you could either set the scene first and then follow the character:
The assembly hall's large skylight had been broken again since the attack, the shards of glass scattered over the stage. As he walked down the isle, Mr. Bradley could see an object in the center of the stage. Leaning over the balcony, he tried to get a closer look.
or follow the character as he observes the scene around him:
Mr. Bradley could see the large skylight over the stage had been broken a second time. As he walked between the seats of the auditorium, he could see an object in the middle of the broken glass strewn about the stage. Approaching the balcony, he leaned over the edge to get a closer look.
As it stands right now, the excerpt sounds a bit like movie direction notes. You clearly have a vision as how you want the story to go, but you should work on delivery and letting the reader imagine as opposed to telling everything as a matter of fact.

9Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:22 am

Calebxy

Thanks for the advice, and I have taken it into account, but I think it sounded a bit more awkward than it actually was because you're reading it out of context. But thanks. Smile

Anyway, I've now finished chapter 12, A Closer Look! Very Happy I'm now onto the penultimate chapter, Annihilation! Very Happy It's the climax, and hopefully it will be very exciting. Very Happy

Last edited by Calebxy on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total

10Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:25 pm

TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler
Admin

*it's

(Sorry, sorry. Razz)

11Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:46 am

Calebxy

TheTimeTraveler wrote:*it's

(Sorry, sorry. Razz)
You didn't see anything...

12Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 am

MBA

I guess I'm the only witness.

http://fireforums.webuda.com/

13Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Calebxy

I've finally finished the climax of Space Academy!!! Very Happy

14Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Turtleegg

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

15Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:08 am

Calebxy

And now I've finally finished the whole story!!!!!!! At very long last!!!!!! I've finished it!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

16Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Turtleegg

AHMAGURD YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAY WOOHOOO YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

17Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:15 pm

TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler
Admin

*throws money at screen* TAKE IT! TAKE ALL OF IT! I WANT THE STORY!

18Space Academy Empty Re: Space Academy Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:48 am

Maxxy

eh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum